Thursday, January 17, 2013

You are a Unique Creation!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalms 139:14 NIV)

I don’t know about you but there have been times I have let it be known to God that I am not real excited with the way things are going in my life! I can sometimes begin to look around at others noticing their strengths and thought if only… Then it hit me and hit me hard, that when we compare ourselves to others or wish we were like someone else, it’s like saying,” God you just didn’t do a good job.” It’s actually saying, “God, why did you make me subpar? Why did you make me less than (fill in your own blank)?”

It is not uncommon for this to become a place for excuses for not stepping up and using what God has deposited in you or allowed you to go though to strengthen you and build you up for the next season.

My eyes were opened when I read this section of scripture as to what is really going on and I hope it will do the same for you. Psalms 18:30-36 NASB:

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God, The God who girds me with strength And makes my way blameless? He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me upon my high places. He trains my hands for battle, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great. You enlarge my steps under me, And my feet have not slipped.

Realize today, God didn’t make anyone inferior. He didn’t make any person second class. No, you are a masterpiece! You are one of a kind. You are fully loaded and totally equipped for the race that’s been designed for you!

Today, let your attitude be, “I may not look like someone else or have the job that someone else has. That’s okay. Nobody will ever be a better me. I’m anointed to be me. I’m equipped to be me!” Remember, it’s easy to do what you are equipped to do. Don’t fall into the trap of trying to be like someone else. Accept who God made you to be and embrace the good things He has prepared for you! Today let’s choose to focus on who HE is and what HE has provided for us that will allow us to fulfill our destiny.
 
Blessings,
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment