Thursday, July 21, 2011

Move Forward in Faith!

Your life can change for the better in a single moment. Sounds like a flippant comment but I have found this to be true.

You can be going along, doing your best, living a life that honors God, but feel like you’re getting nowhere. Or you may feel like no one’s noticing. You may be tempted to start giving up on your dreams because at this rate, there’s no way they could possibly come true. That’s where God comes in!

In one moment God can accelerate your life and change everything!

In the Bible in John 2:1-10, Jesus is at the wedding celebration of some friends when the party runs out of wine. Instead of wedding joy and bliss, this setback could have ruined the feast and damaged relationships. And as you know, you can’t make new wine fast. It takes time...a long time.

In fact the process of planting the seed, growing the grapes, harvesting them, producing the wine and then letting it age takes between five and seven years! And for the best wines it can take 30 years. But in one moment Jesus accelerates this process and does in seconds what normally takes 30 years!

This is not merely a story about what happened a long time ago. It’s a picture of God’s love for you and how He wants to accelerate your life today! If you’ll step out in faith, if you’ll believe that God can do anything and stay faithful where you’re at, one day you’ll look up amazed and say, “I can’t believe I got here so fast!”

You may be facing disappointment, pain and setbacks today, or even criticism from those closest to you, but don’t get discouraged. Adversity could be the very thing God uses to take you to new levels.

Remember, God can turn your life around in a moment and move you “further and faster” than you ever dreamed.

Terri and I want you to know that we love you and we are praying that God will accelerate your life today and cause you to see the steps you need to take that the Lord is leading you in. The word says that God orders my steps (Psalms 37:23) and directs my paths (Proverbs 3:6) and he knows what I need more than I do! I find myself having to trust that statement everyday and believe it by my actions and words that I speak!
Please choose to become aware the things you are learning through the waiting time and move forward.

God bless you!
Joel and Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment