Thursday, May 5, 2011

Order My Steps Lord...

Order my steps Lord....


“A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9 NKJV

Many of us pray, “order my steps, Lord.” But what happens when our plan conflicts with what the Lord ordered? Will we follow His orders or will we try and force fit His orders into our plan? (This has proven not to work very well.) The challenge we face is, do we trust God? He knows what the future holds, not just our next step but actually where it leads in the long run. I have personally found it’s better to be in God's plan than happy in my plan. If we planned to go east and He sends us west then he has something for us in the west. We can only see so far, while He knows the beginning from the end. If our steps have been ordered, God has prepared the way before we even take a step. Our plan may look good on the surface, but the Lord's plan is what we were created for. We have to learn to trust beyond our control! “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

The life lesson that is coming our way is discovering who we really trust? For me, I have recognized that in my past I have wandered in my own direction trusting in what I could see with my eyes. Then I come into road blocks with God asking, “where have you been?” Sound familiar? Then we ask the infamous, “do you not understand what I need and what I am asking God? Why do you take so long to answer? Why can’t it be simple?” Wow sounds pretty strong. However, we tend to lower God in His power and position down to the level that the He is my buddy. God is not my buddy. He is God who created me and loves me and has a master plan for me from the time I was in my mother’s womb to my last breath on earth. Please believe me, I have been a Christ-follower and have observed many lives. This scenario rings true that God has a plan and mine has to become secondary. I pray we can grow in our trust in God and then obey the plan HE has offered us!

God's direction is better researched than our plan. He has known about it since time began!

Blessings,
Joel and Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment